Protecting your shop is vital to the longevity of your business and it's future success. You need comprehensive cover to eliminate the challenges your shop has to face and to help maintain your hard earned reputation. With suitable cover in place, your shop will not suffer after property damage, theft, personal injury or loss of license.
Our leading UK insurance partners have policies available which are designed specifically for shop owners. We have helped insure businesses across Greater Manchester for over 30 years, providing high levels of cover for an affordable price. We take the stress away in exchange for complete peace of mind.
Insurance for Shops
Compare Shop Quotes
When it comes to obtaining cover, we understand that your shop is specific and carries its own set of unique challenges and risks. Finding the right policy should be hassle free and easy, which is why our experts are at hand to answer all your queries and search the market for you. Resulting in a strong policy at a price you can afford.
Types of Policy Cover
We will go through your business requirements with you and only recommend core levels of cover that you need in order to protect your shop. This includes public liability insurance and employers liability insurance. We can also add additional cover for buildings, contents, stock, goods in transit and money insurance.
Why B&M Insurance?
- Excellent service over 30 years
- Compare leading UK insurers
- Trusted by over 3,000 customers
- Tailored quotes to your specific needs
- Comprehensive levels of cover
- Professional team based in Manchester
Core Shop Policy Cover
Public Liability Insurance
This is extremely important when dealing with members of the public face-to-face within your property. If a customer is injured or involved in an accident as a result of your business operations, you will need insurance to cover the cost of compensation claims brought against you. It also covers damage towards a customer's property as a result of your business operations.
Employers' Liability Insurance
If you employ staff, it is a legal requirement to carry employers' liability insurance. If a member of staff is injured or falls ill and you are found to be negligent, the cost of legal proceedings could damage your business if uninsured, not to mention you can also receive a fine of up to £2500 per day if you do not carry a valid certificate for employers' liability.
"Very nice to deal with, always do what they say they will do and even reduced my premium this year without any haggling."
Additional Shop Insurance Cover
Shop insurance is important if you are running a business either in a physical location, or online. It is designed to cover your assets, customers, employees and stock in case an accident happens. It's imperative that you understand what cover you need from your insurance, which is where our 30 years of experience comes in.
As a business owner who cares about their livelihood, you need to cover your risks by applying the following cover options:
- Stock insurance: If your stock is stolen, damaged or goes missing, you will be insured against the cost price in the event of a claim.
- Contents insurance: This will cover damage to fixtures and fittings of the shop, not items that you sell to customers.
- Buildings insurance: If structural damage occurs, including the roof, walls, ceilings, floors, doors and windows, you will be covered against the rebuild cost to get your business back up and running.
- Shop front cover: To protect the signage of your shop (which may include a sign board with your logo and contact details to tell customers know who / where you are). It can also cover any glass that may be present at the front of your shop and shutters if they are in place.
- Loss of license insurance: If you are licensed to sell alcohol and lose your license, this additional policy will cover you if the license was lost through no fault of your own.
- Goods in transit: As the name suggests, additional cover will protect any items of goods you have in transit between the supplier and your shop.
- Money cover: It's likely that physical deposits of cash are exchanged within your shop premises when you sell goods to your customers. With money insurance, you can shield the cash held in your shop, in a safe, at home or on its way to the bank from theft or loss.
"An efficient and professional service. It was a pleasure to be able to get through quickly on the phone without having endless recorded messages and lengthy musical delays. Our requirements were understood immediately and the quotation saved us a great deal of money. We highly recommend B&M and its proprietor Kevan Haughton."
Obtain The Correct Level of Cover
Our shop insurance cover can be tailored under a single policy to fit your individual business challenges, ensuring you are fully protected but you only pay for the protection you need. It's important that you take out the right levels of cover to avoid being underinsured, just in case you need to make a claim in the future. To obtain a reliable quotation, simply get in contact with our team and they will guide you through everything you need to get insured. We will compare our panel of trusted UK insurers to find the best matched policy at the lowest available price, so you have robust cover when it matters the most.
"I have been dealing with Bricks & Motor for over a decade now, and always found them to provide a good, fast, friendly service"
Business Insurance Experts
91% Renewal Retention
We strive to build a strong relationship with our clients. Ensuring quick and informed responses - with no delays.
Our team of 8 has over 138 years combined insurance expertise and are duly qualified to help you.
3,150 Live Policies
We insure firms with just one person right up to companies with 738 staff, 205 vehicles and a turnover of £120,000,000.
Comprehensive insurance products tailored just for the needs of your business requirements.
As a local broker we can look after your business on a more personal basis. Pop in to see us or we can arrange to visit you.
Trusted UK Insurers
We present the most suitable policy based on the quality of cover after comparing up to 30 UK insurers.