Please wait

Insurance Over 30 Years

Low premiums via leading insurers

Lowest premiums from leading UK insurers

AXA Insurance
Allianz Insurance
Aviva Insurance
Zurich Insurance
Victor Insurance
Aeges Insurance
QBE Insurance
RSA Insurance

Commercial Property Insurance

Black Squares

What is Commercial Property Insurance?

Commercial property insurance is obtained by property owners to safeguard their buildings from financial ruin when occupied by other businesses. This may include retail shops, takeaways, offices, warehouses and manufacturing units. Depending on the size of the premises, there may be a mix of residential flats and commercial trades that you need to secure under a single policy. This is where we excel with 30 years' experience in the sector, encapsulating high levels of cover without breaking the bank via trusted UK insurers.

What does Commercial Property Insurance cover?

You'll need a range of covers when renting out a commercial premises to protect against fires, floods, accidental damage, criminal activity and storms which could vastly impact your income if uninsured. We know what matters to you and subsequently, can build an appropriate policy to suit your needs.

Buildings Insurance

The main element to insure on the policy will be the structure of your building along with the walls, doors, windows, flooring, pipes and ceilings. Using this example scenario, a fire from a takeaway oven could destroy a commercial premises resulting in unrecoverable repair costs. Suitable cover would be based around the rebuild cost of the building to get you up and running again as quickly as possible.

Property Owners' Liability Insurance

Another fundamental level of cover for commercial properties is landlord liability insurance which provides cover for varying amounts usually up to £10 million. This protects you, as the landlord, against legal claims arising when a tenant or member of the public injures themselves after a problem with your premises. For example, a pipe could leak from within a tenant's shop leading to a slip by a member of the public. Any subsequent claims for compensation would be covered by your underlying insurer.

Employers Liability Insurance

If you employ any members of staff to undergo work at any of the buildings, such as cleaners/caretakers or volunteers, then it is a legal requirement to take out £10 million of cover for employers' liability insurance. This type of cover will defend you against claims brought forward by your employees for illness, injury and negligence.

Loss of Rent Insurance

Additional cover can be built into your commercial landlord policy to provide loss of rent protection. In the event that your commercial building suffered from an insured disaster and your premises became unhabitable, you would be able to make a claim for any lost income sustained. This would allow you to continue to earn a living whilst repairs are carried out.

Contents Insurance

It's often common for property owners to include fixtures, fittings and other items under their commercial property owners insurance. This can protect you financially from unexpected outgoings when damage occurs. For example, your own fixtures/fittings may be ruined following water damage during a flood and will therefore need replacing at your expense if uninsured.

Accidental Damage Insurance

You may want to include accidental damage insurance within your policy to protect your building and contents from unintentional damage caused by the tenant or a member of the public.

Please bear in mind, it's important to make sure that the correct level of sums insured are specified when taking out cover to avoid being under insured. We can go through this with you.

Get cover for Commercial Property Insurance

If you need to insure a single premises, a portfolio consisting of mixed residential and commercial tenants or an unoccupied building, we are here to guide you through a quotation. As a long standing insurance broker in Greater Manchester, our advice is completely independent with your interests at heart. Our professional service doesn't stop when you take out cover either, we'll be happy to expertly manage a claim for you - stress free.

Why B&M Insurance?

  • Grey Tick Excellent service over 30 years
  • Grey Tick Compare leading UK insurers
  • Grey Tick Trusted by over 3,000 customers
  • Grey Tick Tailored quotes to your specific needs
  • Grey Tick Comprehensive levels of cover
  • Grey Tick Professional team based in Manchester

"Having contacted many well known and large insurance companies regarding insuring my business and commercial property I was becoming rather despondent with the level of sloppy service that I was being subjected to.

Your representative Daniel Fay was first class! He was extremely helpful, knowledgable and conscientious. He kept me updated throughout the process and offered valuable advice at all times. B&M are extremely lucky to have him as an employee. He's an asset to your company."

Customer Reviews

4.9 Star Rating Rated 4.9 out of 5 on Google

5 Stars
Derek Whitaker

Derek W

Five Stars for B&M

Great people to deal with at B&M, always get a fantastic insurance quote and that's why I've been with them since 2004 and will continue to use them.

5 Stars
Christine Bell

Christine B

Highly Recommend

Very helpful and nothing is to much trouble will go the extra mile for you and competitive. Nice guys.

5 Stars
Barry Worrall

Barry W

Excellent Price

5 Star Service, excellent price, also customer service was more than helpful.

Would highly recommend B&M Insurance.

Our Team: 138 Years Combined Experience

Kevan Haughton

Kevan Haughton

Sian Phillips

Sian Phillips

Daniel Fay

Daniel Fay

Josh Phillips

Josh Phillips

Kelly Kaisbitt

Kelly Naisbitt

Liam O'Neale

Liam O'Neale

Find out more about our team of friendly insurance specialists

Trusted by 3,000 in Greater Manchester

Call 0161 763 8222 for a free quote

Google Stars

Rated 4.9 / 5 stars

Before you go...

Could our experienced team help you?

Our Team Our Team

Speech Bubble
Friendly Handlers