Property Owners Policies

Landlord Insurance

Our panel of insurers has policies available designed specifically for landlords and buy-to-let owners, and B&M has been helping property owners all over Greater Manchester get the most competitive policies for over 25 years with high levels of standard cover.

Based in Bury, Greater Manchester, our team has over 35 years combined insurance expertise giving you confidence that you will be supplied with a tailored policy just for your unique property needs.

Compare Quotes

Welcome to B&M Insurance

Hassle Free & Tailored To You

  • Initial Enquiry

    Contact our team on 0161 763 8222 or enquire online.

  • Identify Needs

    Our team will will discuss your requirements.

  • Compare Quotes

    We will provide competitive quotes tailored to you.

  • Optional Extras

    Choose from a wide range of options for other risks.

Learn More

Residential tenancy landlord

If you let your property to tenants it is important to protect your property and livelihood. Without the right cover, unexpeted events could leave you seriously out of pocket. Fire, flood, vandalism or an error on your part that causes injury to the tenant could result in major losses.

Commercial tenancy landlord

Landlords should expect flexibility from their policy, and with B&M insurance we are able to tailor a quote for your business needs. Whether you need a policy for a number of properties, or a single business venture, we have you covered. We can offer combined landlord options for residential and commercial properties.

Why B&M Insurance

  • Insurance provided by leading UK insurers
  • Everything is run from our offices in Bury
  • Trusted by over 3000 Manchester businesses
  • Tailored quotes to your specific needs
  • Quote comparisons from multiple insurers
  • Over 25 years providing cover for landlords

Do I need landlord insurance

Letting to a tenant?

Insuring your assets should be a top priority of every landlord. We can tailor a policy to ensure that you, your assets and your tenants are protected and that you are abiding by the law. With B&M Insurance brokers you can choose from a range of key covers from our carefully selected top UK insurance partners.

As a landlord, any properties you own are important assets worth protecting with a comprehensive policy tailored for you. Our team will guide you step-by-step and explain all the options available to you to ensure you have the right level of cover. We have been providing landlords with excellent cover since 1990, protecting against unforeseen consequences.

Our team are experts when it comes to finding the right policy for you. We make it hassle free and easy to get the protection you need. If you are unsure about exactly the type of insurance you need for your property, contact our team today on 0161 763 8222 so we can help to get you started.

Whilst there is no legal obligation to obtain a dedicated insurance policy, your mortgage lender make require you to take out landlord insurance before you take on tenants. Ensure if you have taken out a mortgage that you speak to your lender to ensure that you do not break and terms of your agreement.

Landlord insurance covers

Buildings insurance

Whether you are a commercial or residential landlord, your property should be important enough to protect. This valuable asset faces unique challenges and risks every day, and a buildings insurance option will help safeguard your investment. Examples of risks include Fire, bad weather, criminal damage, bursting pipes, falling objects, subsidence and vehicle impact.

If an unexpected event damages the structural integrity of the building, you will be covered for the below, remember with this option it is the building itself and not the contents that are protected.

  • Floors
  • Ceilings
  • Roof
  • Walls
  • Windows
  • Doors

Contents insurance

Furniture, fittings, appliances and other items all add up to be worth thousands, protecting your contents against damage, theft or vandalism is a key priority for landlords. Adding this option to your complete landlord policy will ensure all items are protected against damage or theft.

The tenants' possessions will not be covered by your policy, and you will need to inform them to take out their own contents insurance if they want to protect their belongings. You can refer your new tenant to us and we can deal with their contents insurance, this way you have peace of mind that your tenants belongings are insured..

Loss of rent

Extreme events can cause your property to become uninhabitable, which in turn results in you receiving no rent payments until the property is restored. Can you afford to lose your monthly rent? Loss of rent cover protects you against events that mean your tenants can no longer stay in the property, covering the income you've lost as a result of your tenants no longer paying rent.

Important: Loss of rent does NOT cover you if a tenant defaults on their rent, that is a seperate matter that could require legal proceedings.

Legal expenses and unpaid rent: Should the tenant not pay their rent, or you want to safeguard against the cost of legal fees from either side, we can provide the extra cover you require.

Alternative accommodation cover: It is possible by law that you may be contractually obliged to provide alternative accomodation if your property is deemed uninhabitable. You can add alternative accommodation cover to your total landlord policy to protect you against the cost of temporary measures for your tenants.

Remember: Alternative accommodation cover will only pay out if the reason for the property being uninhabitable is a specified and insured event.

Landlord liability insurance

Any building can turn into a death trap, it is an inherent risk of something made up of bricks containing electricity and plumbing. If your tenant is injured and it is considered to be your fault, it could financially cripple you if a compensation claim is brought against you.

Landlord liability insurance will protect you against the cost of compensation payouts for injury or damage sustained to a tenant or visitor resulting from a fault in your property. Poor wiring, out of place tiles, damaged floorboards, extreme mould spores and other hazards that are out of the tenants control (your responsibility) can cause injury or ill health.

Other cover options

At B&M we will match a policy to your individual needs, we consider the above to be "Core" and important cover options for any landlord. You can add additional covers such as employers' liability if you employ people. Speak to one of our expert insurance advisors to build your quote on 0161 763 8222.

Client Testimonials

ARC Childrens Home

"I have relied upon B&M's expertise and knowledge for insurance for many years. Their focus on proactive, professional customer service has been a great benefit to our company. Gareth and the rest of the staff at Insurance Price have taken the hassle factor out of insurance needs. I would highly recommend them to anyone who appreciates service way beyond the norm."

ARC Children's Home Surrey

"I just wanted to send a note to thank you for all of the work you have done for General All-Purpose Plastics over the years. You have consistently guided us in a professional way through the complex and seemingly ever changing world of insurance. We trust you to ensure that you find us the most appropriate policy for our needs, with an insurer who is well established and efficient and at a price which is competitive."

General All Purpose Plastics Blackburn

Meet The Team

Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Gareth has a solid 20 years experience, holding a Certificate from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).


Kevan Haughton

Kevan is has knowledge and experience in all industries having worked with businesses for over 25 years. Certified by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).


Ryan Hinnegan

Ryan joined B&M Insurance after graduating in 2003, dealing with the administration of the insurance policies we offer to our clients.


Rebecca Watkins

Rebecca graduated in 2012 and has worked with B&M ever since. She is currently studying for her Certificate in insurance via the CII.